SOME FAVORITE QUOTES {PERSONAL}

Photobucket
"Let not our longings slay the appetite of our livings". -Jim Elliot

I think this is one of my favorite quotes because it reminds me to live in the present. Not in the past. And not in the future. Sometimes the future seems to hold so much and I can't wait to get to it. But I can always hear my Dad saying: "you don't want to look back and have regrets". I sure do not want to live these years in the future, missing out on what God has placed in my hands now.

Photobucket
"Our love for anyone can be measured by how much we pray for that person". -Mike MacIntosh

Yeah. The first time I read this quote it was a slap in the face. I realized that I don't pray near as often as I should for all the people I love. And I don't pray enough for everyone I meet and for all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. It also made me realize that I do love little at times. But I see God giving me new measures of love in my life for everyone, and it's a good thing.

Photobucket

"Has your relationship with God changed the way you live your life?"

I forget where I found this quote but it has been one of my favorites for a while. To me it's a good reminder that my behavior and the way I live my life needs to be a reflection of God and show that He has changed me, from the inside OUT.

Photobucket
"The God who created names and numbers the stars in the heavens also numbers the stars of my head. He pays attention to very big things and to very small ones. What matters to me matters to Him, and that changes my Life." -Elisabeth Elliot

It is truly amazing to me that God, the God who created and holds this whole universe in His Hands cares about my life. Not only my life, but He cares about the small tiny weenie things that I care about. I've thought before, nope can't pray about that....it's too small a thing! But I'm learning that I can pray about that small eenie weenie thing! God cares about that small little thing! Wow. That does change my life.

Photobucket
"I know I'm weak; I know I'm unworthy
To call upon Your Name;
But beacuse of Grace;
because of your Mercy; I stand here Unashamed". -Unashamed, Starfield

I know this isn't technically a quote but these are some lyrics to a song I LOVE. I'm so unworthy to call upon God but yet because of His Mercy and Grace I come freely! Oh His Grace and Mercy is such a marvelous thing!

Photobucket
We are having some of the best weather here ever in February! It was 66 degrees yesterday and the sun was out. Hello spring.

I am looking forward to enjoying more of that weather this weekend.


I'm so exited for our college group's womens retreat this weekend, I get to get off work early, pack, grab Pancheros with my sister, pick some friends up and head to the camp.

Happyyyy Friddaaayyyy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment